Archer C7 - Same SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-27 13:32:09

Hi there...

i own an Archer C7 V2 (latest firmware) with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz activated using different SSIDs.
Now, it kinda bothers me to connect my mobile devices (some are ac compatible, others are just n) to the first or the second network when i move them from one side of the house to the other.

My question are:

1 - What if i give to both channels the same SSID and password?!? Will the devices connect to the strongest signal automatically?!?

2 - Attached to the C7 i have a TL-WA801ND V3 access point connected through an ethernet cable in AP mode, which serves the farthest side of th house with another different SSID...can i give it the same SSID and password of the C7?!?

Many thanks!!!

Mick

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - Same SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz
2018-12-27 16:27:08
1 - It is up to your devices, but probably yes. 2 - Yes you can, and also you should do like this. If you go far away from first and near the second one, your device(s) should connect the nearest one.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4211

Replies: 1

Related Articles