WIFI into house mains

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WIFI into house mains

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WIFI into house mains
WIFI into house mains
2018-12-27 15:06:43

Hello, what do i need to put my wifi signal into the house mains, and then hard wire an xbox into it, in a different room ? im loosing nearly half my speed using wireless connection.

cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:WIFI into house mains
2018-12-28 08:16:57
Hi, the function of extender is not used to improve the speed, because it need to communicate with your main router ,and the device which connected to it, the speed will be slower in some degree. For your situation, you can try to stand at the same place and connect to your main router's Wi-Fi and test what's the speed and then do a compareation.
Options
Re:Re:WIFI into house mains
2018-12-28 08:46:32
Hello, thank you, but I know by plugging my laptop into my router im getting 78meg, but when I test the xbox that's in a different room, im only getting 86% signal strength over the wifi, and a download speed of 25 meg, which im why in trying to hard wire it in, unfortunately I cant move either the router or xbox cheers
Options
Re:Re:Re:WIFI into house mains
2018-12-29 08:10:12
You can try to check the link speed, normally for wirelss connection, the real downlaod speed should be 60% of the link a speed, I find a FAQ on TP-Link Website for how to check the link speed https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 3

Related Articles