How to stream movies from my USB connected Drive?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-28 11:45:31

New TP-Link user here, I just got the TP-Link Archer C5400X. Previously I had a Netgear Nighthawk X10 and it had something called the Plex Media Server which allows me to install an app on my phone or tabler and then I'd be able to stream movies and see info about the movie and whatnot.

Now I did enable USB Sharing in my router which then gave me like an FTP Address. When entering the FTP Address in my phone or tablet in a browser, it shows me the movies just fine but the thing is, when I click on a movie, it doesn't stream it but rather download the entire movie to the phone's internal storage. I want to be able to just watch (stream) the movies without having to download them.

Is there a way to do that now that I don't have the Plex Media Server in my router?

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to stream movies from my USB connected Drive?
2018-12-29 02:27:49
Archer C5400X has a App for File control. It calls Filebank. But It cannot watch stream video now. Maybe it will add some function in the future.
Options
2018-12-31 19:47:43

any other suggestions?

Options
Re:Re:How to stream movies from my USB connected Drive?
2019-01-02 00:59:03

1.windows media player;

2.samb; \\lan ip

Options
2019-01-05 23:10:35 - last edited 2019-01-05 23:16:41

Im using c5400x about 2 days ago, i have the same issue, i do not find filebank at google store and no other store.

I dont know also how to use the 16Gb of its internal storage

Please help me use my tp link c5400x at 100% of its capacity.

Im wondering also use my router as an ftp, it works localy but couldn't use over external connexion....

Plz contact me by mail, because i have bought this so expensive to have all the functions...

Options
2019-12-15 08:52:35

Ultra_Male wrote

New TP-Link user here, I just got the TP-Link Archer C5400X. Previously I had a Netgear Nighthawk X10 and it had something called the Plex Media Server which allows me to install an app on my phone or tabler and then I'd be able to stream movies and see info about the movie and whatnot.

Now I did enable USB Sharing in my router which then gave me like an FTP Address. When entering the FTP Address in my phone or tablet in a browser, it shows me the movies just fine but the thing is, when I click on a movie, it doesn't stream it but rather download the entire movie to the phone's internal storage. I want to be able to just watch (stream) the movies without having to download them.

Is there a way to do that now that I don't have the Plex Media Server in my router?

Thisais great informations about Streaming movies Throughout USB. You can also streaming & download movies from many websites. Like here>>Filmywap24

Options
2019-12-15 13:59:00 - last edited 2019-12-15 14:04:50

@Ultra_Male 

download any file manager that has an ftp program in it. Fill in the details ie ftp address , password and username which the router usb page gives you. This is convenient to allow someone anywhere in the world to access your hard drive. Do not give them admin rights  for security.

Your  smart tv, or vlc player or nova player will see your attached hard drive as long as it is ticked in the router page.

happy days.

Options
2020-11-11 03:02:02 - last edited 2020-11-11 03:02:33

I also have the same question

https://techbigs.com/pt/playtv-geh.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2920

Replies: 7

Related Articles