Permanent DHCP clients without Address Reservation?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-28 23:35:03

I have a few clients in my DHCP Client List that have permanent lease times.  They are clients that I once reserved addresses for, and that I then deleted from my Address Reservation list.  They are devices that no longer exist.  They still appear as DHCP clients with permanent lease times, even after I reboot my router.  How do I remove them from my DHCP client list?  I'm using an Archer C5400 v2 with current firmware.

Thanks!

Lynd

Options
6 Reply
Re:Permanent DHCP clients without Address Reservation?
2018-12-29 01:55:53
Hi Lynd, Did you reset your C5400 v2 yet? I think this may help for the Address reservation problem.
Options
Re:Re:Permanent DHCP clients without Address Reservation?
2018-12-29 16:48:13

Thanks.  Do you mean restore factory default settings?  I was hoping to avoid that because of the inconvenience of having to set up things on my LAN again, e.g. port forwarding, etc.  Seems odd that there isn't another way to remove devices that no longer exist.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Permanent DHCP clients without Address Reservation?
2019-01-09 02:29:29
you can backup the file and try :)
Options
2020-09-05 17:28:41

Is there not a better way to do this? It would seem to be a pain to have to reset my router every time I want to upgrade a device while keeping the prior static IP.

Options
2022-01-09 12:15:05

@lyndbbacon Same issue here in archer AX6000

looking for another method other than factory resetting the router - to remove devices from being in "Permanent" status?

Is there some action I need to do from the device? or from the router? something not in the UI?

Whats the solution?

Options
2022-02-13 15:50:42

@lyndbbacon 

I have same problem but there is a way to do it without the need to reset the device:

- Add the device in the reserved list with the IP marked as "Permanent".

- Delete device from the reserved list.

problem solved :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3723

Replies: 6

Related Articles