AC2300 frequent short wifi signal drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-29 03:44:13

Hi all,

I've just installed a new AC2300 router and am having a problem where the wifi signal on my 2.4GHz network drops out for a brief moment -- a few seconds at most -- very periodically, about every minute or so. Here's a screenshot I've taken from my wifi analyzer that covers about 3 minutes of time:

The top two SSIDs are mine, the blue is the 2.4GHz and the pink is the 5GHz. The signal strength is fine (hovering around -50dBm most of the time). There are about 10 devices connected right now, most of them doing nothing (phones and tablets just idling), but I've seen the same behavior with no devices at all connected (I tested this by changing the SSID name so that everything was disconnected at once). I've updated the router to the latest FW (2.0.3, I think), and have tried manually adjusting the 2.4GHz channel and channel width. 

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening, or what I might be able to do to further isolate the problem (and hopefully fix it)?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC2300 frequent short wifi signal drops
2018-12-29 07:04:38
It might be too many interence, you can change the channel to 1,6 or 11 for 2.4G and channel width to 20 for a try.
Options
Re:AC2300 frequent short wifi signal drops
2018-12-29 17:31:02

It doesn't seem to be related to channel or width. In fact, I've currently got it in one of the least populated segments (still at 40MHz in this example, but it's the same at 20). The light blue line is me:

I'm starting to think it might be something to do with concurrent new connections - if I have several devices try to connect to something at once, even if it's a tiny transaction, I can get the trough to happen. It recovers very quickly, but this router shouldn't have trouble with two devices making an HTTP connection at the same time.

Options