TP link ac1750 trouble connecting to my sky q modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-29 12:26:52

Hi all. 

New to this type of thing I have the TP link ac1750 router in my office at the end of the garden that it is connected to my Sky Q ADSL modem by a Ethernet cable.  It is powered up by a separate power source which is from a different fuse board to the sky Modem.  I cannot get any internet connection out of the TP LINK router it constantly has a red light on.....

when I connect the Ethernet cable directly in to my laptop it works perfectly and when I run a speed test it shows up as a good fast signal. 

Any advise welcom it is it is driving me potty 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP link ac1750 trouble connecting to my sky q modem
2018-12-30 12:40:36
after investigation my internet cable which is plugged in to the Router about 60 meters is showing no connection or IP address when plugged in to the router. When i plug the same cable in to my laptop next to the router the the laptop works perfectly and when i run a speed test i am getting 26 upload and 52 download.... please advise
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 925

Replies: 1