Slow connection with TL-WA860RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-29 15:47:00

Hello guys.

So some days ago I bought a TP-Link TL-WA860RE range extender in order to resolve the bad connections in dead wi-fi zones.

I have the router in my bedroom connected to my PC and then I have some equipment (PS4, laptop and smart tv) in the living room which are connected via Wi-Fi. The signal was not the best in this place so I bought the range extender to improve the signal. 

I pressed the WPS button on the router and then on range extender and everything was correctly configured. The next step was move the extender to a place in the midle of my bedroom and the living room. With the app Tether I did a zone test and it says it is perfect.

So far so good until I start did some speed tests. My bandwidth is 120mbps. If I test near the main router with my cellphone I get the 120mbps which is perfect. If I test in the living room I only get in max 25-30mbps. And these speeds are a mess because I could already achieve this without the extender. I'm not expecting 120mbps of course but was expecting like 70mbps. Even if I move the extender even more close to the router there is no improvement at all. The router is working with 802.11n so I could get the max speed and it is on channel 11. About security is working WPA2 and with AES encription. The bandwidth of wi-fi channel is 20MHZ.

I don't know what is the problem and I'm creating this post hoping you can help me fix the problem.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards and happy holidays!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow connection with TL-WA860RE
2019-01-01 20:29:49

So no answer???

Options
Re:Slow connection with TL-WA860RE
2019-01-09 07:47:02

Test the speed in the living room, at where the extender is. Test it twice, with and without the extender. Make a comparison.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2128

Replies: 2

Related Articles