Add a device with fixed IP-address to the list of devices, which is not recognised automatically.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Add a device with fixed IP-address to the list of devices, which is not recognised automatically.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-29 16:02:47 - last edited 2018-12-29 16:12:49

Hi, I have a Unitronics PLC for my domotica.

This PLC is connected with an ethernet cable, and i have given it a fixed IP-address in it’s settings. ( .099)

The deco DHCP range is from .100 till .250, which prevents an IP-conflict. 

Now I can access the PLC through my app. This tells me it is connected to the network.

However, it is not in list of devices in my deco-app.

I would like to create a port-forwarding to access the PLC from outside my network.

But for the ‘ internal IP-address’ i can only select from the list of devices, in which the PLC is not.

I have 3 deco’s M5. And the first deco is the DHCP server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Add a device with fixed IP-address to the list of devices, which is not recognised automatically.
2019-01-02 10:01:00
can you ping deco's lan IP address when you connect your PLC's network, please make sure it's not connected to the guest network of the Deco
Options
Re:Re:Add a device with fixed IP-address to the list of devices, which is not recognised automatically.
2019-01-13 10:01:41
Yes, Ping comes back fine. 4ms. Also before changing the PLC ip-address i could not access it through my app. But after changing the address to the Deco’s ip -range all works fine
Options
Re:Re:Add a device with fixed IP-address to the list of devices, which is not recognised automatically.
2020-07-15 13:47:09

@JosKoopman What I did was open the DHCP pool from .2 to .250, add all of my fixed IP equipment (usually < .100, then change the DHCP pool back to .100 - .250. 

A related note in case anyone has similar issues to me; 

The only device I had not appear as 'online' even though it was, (it was working, accessible, etc.) was my XigmaNAS server, I found the issue in the SMB/CIFS section of all places. Selected 'LAN Only' under Interface Selection

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1029

Replies: 3

Related Articles