Access Archer C7 AC1750 (V2) though VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-30 20:20:00

Good afternoon.

I am using PFSENSE as a router and I've configured my Archer C7 AC1750 (V2) as an access point (running the latest stock firmware).  I have OpenVPN set up on the PFSENSE box so I can access my network from outside.  I've configued the AC1750 to use a specific IP address (as it is an access point).  I can access the AC1750 login page when I'm connected at home using the IP address, but I cannot access it if I log in from outside using the VPN.

When I ran LEDE on the AC1750, I was able to connect to the config menus through the VPN (probably because I was able to set the AC1750 as a DHCP Client and configured an address for it in PFSENSE).  Now, running stock firmware, I can no longer do this.

Is there a setting (or settigns) I need to have in the stock TP-Link firmware to allow access to the AC1750 using the VPN?  I'm trying to access the attached USB Storage when I log into the VPN and can't seem to do it running stock firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Archer C7 AC1750 (V2) though VPN
2019-01-03 09:16:35

Make sure VPN passthrough is enabled, see the picture

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2188

Replies: 1