Trouble connecting to archer a7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-02 10:03:23

So I just moved to a new appartment that includes tv and internet. The previous owner left the ac1750 that is connected to a wall port. Since my arrival a week ago the connection has been very poor. At times I am able to connect to the router but the led lights indicate that the router isn't connected to internet. Sometimes the internet light is flashing but then I can't connect to the router.

When I am connected it's usually no longer than 30 minutes before the connection is interrupted. Sometimes I have to wait 10 minutes, sometimes hours on end.

Since the wall port is all I have and I have no idea where the modem is placed I am not sure if the problem lies with the router or the modem. I haven't had the opportunity to talk to some of my neighbours to check if they have the same problems. It this point I still think it's a little bit early to contact the landlord and I don't want to invest in a new router if the one I have is perfectly fine.

Please help

Options
2 Reply
Re:Trouble connecting to archer a7
2019-01-02 10:25:36
I have Archer c7 and trust me but the one you have is far from perfect.
Options
Re:Trouble connecting to archer a7
2019-01-02 20:55:24
Anytime, you have issues, always try restarting the modem and router or power off, wait 2 min, and power back on. I assume you have a cable going to the router internet port from the wall port, so connect your computer directly to the wall port cable (modem) bypassing the router. This way you can see if the issue is in the router. If you still have the issue, then it is in the modem or with your service. You can try to sign on to the modem using http://192.168.100.1/. depending on model, you may have an option to restart it. If the PC works fine with no router, then with the PC connected to the router, open a web browser and type in http://tplinkwifi.net or the IP of the router (Default it is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) to login the Web Management Page. Default user ID and password is admin/admin. Review the settings to see how the router is used. You may want to reset it to factory settings and re set up the router. Let us know what works.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 615

Replies: 2

Related Articles