TL-MR3420 and setup for home appliance connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-02 12:00:37 - last edited 2019-01-02 12:08:33

Hi all

I have a TL-MR3420 V2 with firmware 3.16.9 Build 150319 Rel.60489n connected to intervet via GSM USB Key. I've bought a smart applaiance for my home. When I looked at instructions provided:

1. Encrypted Wi-Fi network: Home Connect will not work with open networks. It requires security level WPA2.

2. Compatible network modes: IEEE 802.11 a, b, g and n. Please ensure that your router is set up accordingly.

3. No browser registrations: Home Connect does not work with Wi-Fi networks which require browser registration, e. g. where the user name and password must be entered via the web browser.

4.Turn off the "MAC Filter" on the router to prevent MAC addresses for your home appliances and communication-enabled appliances from being saved.

5. The use of proxies is not recommended.

6. Ports 443, 8080 and 123 must be open.

7. Enable multicast-routing option: This option must be enabled on the router in order to establish a connection to Home Connect appliances.

I have some troubles to determine some of them. Items 1 (WPA2 personal activated, version and encryption both automatic),2 (11bgn mixed), 3, 4 (MAC filtering disabled) are ok, but I dont' know how to set, if it is possible, items 5, 6, 7. Can anynone give some hints? I'm not an expert in such stuff.. ;)

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR3420 and setup for home appliance connection
2019-01-03 09:45:27

For item 6, please check what's the internet IP address in the management page, if it's a private IP address, you need ask your sim card proivde or your internet service provider to help you open those ports. That's the most important point

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 1

Related Articles