Cannot connect PS4 to RE355 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-03 08:45:06

Just bougth a second PS4 for my kids. The new PS4 cannot connect to wifi. It runs great with LAN through the extender and the other PS4 and other devices in the house connects easily to the extender and wifi in general 

Once the extender is turned off the new PS4 connects to wifi on the main router.

I have been told to change the SSID, so the extender and the router doesnt have the same names. That didnt help either.

I was in contact with TP LInk chat support yesterday, got some tips about SSID etc but none of it worked.

Please help

Janus Schumacher 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect PS4 to RE355 ?
2019-01-03 08:46:20

BTW, the wifi has been running great before the second PS4 came in the house :-) 

Janus wrote

Just bougth a second PS4 for my kids. The new PS4 cannot connect to wifi. It runs great with LAN through the extender and the other PS4 and other devices in the house connects easily to the extender and wifi in general 

Once the extender is turned off the new PS4 connects to wifi on the main router.

I have been told to change the SSID, so the extender and the router doesnt have the same names. That didnt help either.

I was in contact with TP LInk chat support yesterday, got some tips about SSID etc but none of it worked.

Please help

Janus Schumacher 

Options
Re:Cannot connect PS4 to RE355 ?
2019-01-08 09:55:51

That's strange.

Did you set any filtering on your router that only allow the old PS4 to connect? 

If not, better contact tplink support again to get to the bottom of it.

Options
Re:Re:Cannot connect PS4 to RE355 ?
2019-01-23 08:47:11
Maybe try connect PS4 by the cable port on your RE355 is a good method. Have you tried that? I suppose it would help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2031

Replies: 3

Related Articles