Which TP-Link Router should I buy.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-04 15:15:30

Which TP-Link Router should I buy, a TP-link WR940N or a WR841HP ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Which TP-Link Router should I buy.
2019-01-05 20:15:09
If your internet speed is under 100, then either will do. Spec wise I like the WR841HP slightly better and the other price wise. If you have faster speed, then I would select a different router with ethernet gigabyte speed because both of these have are Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX routers.
Options
Re:Which TP-Link Router should I buy.
2019-01-06 02:08:53
Both are ancient models. Look for something like the Archer C20 in the same price range. Archer C1200 would be an affordable model with Gigabit support, if that would be an interesting feature.
Options
Re:Re:Which TP-Link Router should I buy.
2019-07-28 11:40:13
Router selection depends on a lot of things. What is the speed from your ISP? How many and what type of devices are going to be connected to the router? How large is the coverage needed? Any special needs such as VPN, Port forwarding, Guest networks, Address reservation, WIFI or all hard wired connected devices, etc... What country? What kind of budget do you have? Get one that has more capacity and speed than you need so you have room to grow and will last you longer. You do not want the router (or modem) to be your limiting factor. Do not buy a low end unit. Buy from a company that has a good return policy and work it hard the first few weeks to ensure it meets your needs.
Options