Ethernet Backhaul and Guest Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-04 23:21:06

Hi,

I have 2 Deco M9 Plus and a Deco M5. I have both M9 inside my house, and the M5 is connected using powerline adapters, because it's too far away from the M9s to receive wireless signal.

The main wifi network works fine but the guest network on M5 doesn't work (clients can't get an IP address). Actually I had a TP-Link WDR3600 there before - as AP - and it had the same problem. I had to allow the guest wifi clients to access my network in order to have it working - which is something I don't want! I bought the M5 because I tought it would solve the problem but I was wrong.

I think this should be fixed! But in the meanwhile I want to ask if I can solve this issue with 2 Deco P7. Does the guest wifi network works fine, even if both P7 are connected by power line?

Regards,

Americo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul and Guest Network
2019-01-05 17:58:59
Actually after trying a different powerline adapter I am able to connect the M5 to the main M9 through powerline and have guest network working on the M5.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 1

Related Articles