Archer c1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c1200
Archer c1200
2019-01-10 20:09:46

Hello. 

Archer c1200 huge disappointment. Wireless keeps dropping, I have to constantly reboot it and a lot of times it doesn't solve the problem. Measuring internet speed download seems OK upload is ludacris to say the least. Anybody have a possible solution? If not it will be returned or I'll just smash it and TPLink NEVER EVER and I'll make my best efforts to assure to everybody that wants to buy it that it is CRAP

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer c1200
2019-01-11 07:50:17

Have you change wireless settings like channel? That may help.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-2292.html

Is firmware the latest?

BTW, do you have any google home device connected to the router?

To get a solution quicky, I suggest you contact tplink support directly.

Options
Re:Archer c1200
2019-01-14 12:43:44 - last edited 2019-01-14 15:54:22

Hello.

I can confirm the issues Flavio reported.

Except WiFI drops, router can reboot itself without visible reason. The boot time is very long - more then 2 minutes, comparing with 20-30 seconds of the old models.
All this issues raised many times here and at other TPLink related forums, without any reaction from TPLink support.

I have the latest firmware available on the company web site, which is more then one year old and seems no real solution exists.

Some people tried beta (Archer C1200 (EU)_V2_180308(beta)), not available to download anymore, but without any luck.

I own two other very old routers ASUS N16 and TPLink WR740N running for months(till AC cut-off) without any troubles.

The only reason to buy this new router was Internet connection from my ISP, switched to fiber optics (300Mb connection speed).

Another pity is that because of the Broadcom policy there is no option to ever get OpenWrt support for this device.

This is really disappointing!

Options
Re:Re:Archer c1200
2019-01-15 03:31:30

Hi,

Send email to tplink or call them. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html#Hotline-Support

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer c1200
2019-01-16 10:54:05

Seems mail from the customers are totally ignored by TPLink. Only got formal confirmation mail from robot.

Only premium rate number provided by TPLink for Spain.

This issues are known for the long time and no solution exists or anounced, so I don't expect to get any real technical support by phone.

The only action they can suggest - to check the cables and reboot the router again, which is rebooted itself randomly. So just waste of money and time.

The real solution is to replace the router with some other model, and not from TPLink anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1395

Replies: 4

Related Articles