At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-11 07:46:32

Good Morning to you, my last Hope.....

its frustrating...since 2 months I trägt to solve this unbelievable problem.

In my room I have used the Network of my good friend neighbour with the tp link Range extender. Now he has changed his Router.

and now: the Installation works until the last step , but first  I describe the scene :

1. I have no physical contact possibility to the Router which is connected to the Internet.

2. My neighbour has given me his wlan Passwort to make the wlan Installation.

3. During the Installation on the tp 192.168.0.254 I can see the correct Network, I use his Passwort, everything is Fine, then I push „Save“ at the Installation tp Site, an the side says „congratulation“ now you can connect with the repeater net. And I should push „fertigstellen“ means „make ready“ , but I can just push the Button, when I set a mark THAT I am connected. But I think I am Not connected. If I do the mark And push „fertigstellen“ make ready , the Programm calculates 5 Minutes and Nottingham Happens until the light at the Range extender Sets red.....

Everyone here to hepl me, I am really down. and sorry for my low Level english.

yours, Richar

Options
7 Reply
Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-11 09:00:45

What's the model number of your extender?

What's the light status?

Do you see any finish button? You can just finish, then check light. No need to wait for the page to load. 

BTW, you are recommended to use tether app to do the setup.

Options
Re:Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-13 12:27:14

Thanks for your help. The Model number is… AC 750 WIFI RE200.

AT THE END, THE LIGHT GETS RED. DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS IT IS GREEN. JUST AFTER THE LAST BUTTON PUSH IT GETS RED.

TETHER APP? Wehre can I find ist? And dös ist also work at my Apple Mac mini? 

Thanks a LOT!!!!!!

richard 

Options
Re:Re:Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-13 15:16:28

Ah, I unterstand the tp-link tether. But The Solution is Not for an iPad or iPod, but for an Mac mini.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-14 07:05:55

Reset the RE200, use tether app to configure it. After that, no need to configure it again on your Mac. Just connect to the extender to get internet connection.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-14 20:22:07

Ok, I will try . I am not sure,  whether there exists an app for a Mac, because its Not an iPod and Not an iPad. So I failed trying to install it with iTunes. 

Or do you mean I can configure it / make it ready for the Mac with another smartphone for example a Samsung android???

I will start a try, but unfortenately in 10 days, when I am back in the flat.

thanks you very much, I will send a report :-)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-26 07:33:41

Dear Anton, 

You are My Hero!!!  It has worked and still works. No idea why it didn’ t work the normal way along the description in the instruction, but no matter: I am so happy after 5 months of total despair.

thank you so so much 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:At my wits End, AC750 Wi-Fi, no way to end connection succesfully
2019-01-30 09:52:01
Great! :-)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 7