TP Link Print server - working with Google Cloud Print

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-11 22:18:52

Hi,

I bought second hand TL-WR1042ND N300 with intention of using it only as a print server with my USBSamsung printer. (SCX 3400)

Right now the router is setup to work as a switch, with both main router and PC connected via ethernet cable.

I installed TP-LINK USB printer controller and set it up - it works.

I have also set up google cloud print in my google account to work with the printer.

I tried printing with my android phone - it also works.

Here is the problem:

Cloud print works only when USB printer controller app is opened on PC.

If it's not the cloud print sends documents to the printer but nothing happens. However, when the I open USB printer controller app, it turns out that all cloud print documents are queued there and they start to print.

Is there a way to set it up to print documents from my android phone without turning on the app on the PC?

Many thanks for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link Print server - working with Google Cloud Print
2019-01-12 19:08:54 - last edited 2019-01-13 18:47:27

dziubal wrote

Hi,

I bought second hand TL-WR1042ND N300 with intention of using it only as a print server with my USBSamsung printer. (SCX 3400)

Right now the router is setup to work as a switch, with icloud both main router and PC connected via ethernet cable.

I installed TP-LINK USB printer controller and set it up - it works.

I have also set up google cloud print in my google account to work with the printer.

I tried printing with my android phone - it also works.

Here is the problem:

Cloud print works only when USB printer controller google classroom app is opened on PC.

If it's not the cloud print sends documents to the printer but nothing happens. However, when the I open USB printer controller app, it turns out that all cloud print documents are queued there and they start to print.

Is there a way to set it up to print documents from my gimp android phone without turning on the app on the PC?

Many thanks for your help.

Having similar issues here too. Need help immediately.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Brian

Options
Re:TP Link Print server - working with Google Cloud Print
2019-01-15 08:28:13

Have to use the controller to print. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2433

Replies: 2