TL-WA701ND V2 - No DNS resolution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-04 03:05:44
Region : Poland

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120605 Rel.39102n

ISP :

I purchased this AP today and have set it up correctly but I am unable to resolve any domains via the AP. Even the diagnostics within the AP management console will not resolve any domain names. I have tried setting the AP up using DHCP from my router so it grabs my router's DNS servers and that didn't work. I then setup the router with a static IP (in the same subnet as my router) and enabled DHCP server and then manually configured the DNS servers first to my ISP DNS servers, then to my router (192.168.0.1) and then to Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) but still it does not work.

I can ping IP addresses outside the local network from the diagnostics screen, I can access web sites via IP addresses from connected devices, but I cannot access anything by domain name either from the AP or from connected devices.

Obviously the device is configured correctly otherwise I wouldn't be able to access web sites via IP address.

I even upgraded the firmware to latest build and it has made no difference.

Please advise.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA701ND V2 - No DNS resolution
2012-12-04 12:41:03
“Even the diagnostics within the AP management console will not resolve any domain names” I also encountered this problem before. Check your AP have a gateway or not. It requires a gateway on the AP's LAN settings. Put a gateway (Router's IP address) in the Network menu on the TP-LINK management page.
Then change the DNS settings on the router or enable the DHCP settings on the AP, input the information required like gateway, DNS...

BTW: ISP and router's DNS sometimes are not the same.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 1