Archer C9 - no clients showing on tether app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-16 13:44:02

I used to be able to see all the clients connected to my C9 using the tether app, but although 20 are connected now none of them show? 

If I reboot, sometimes I can see them for a few minutes but then they all disappear again?! They are definitely all still connected!

This happens when on the wifi and also remotely.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Clifford.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - no clients showing on tether app?
2019-01-16 22:10:46
I have a C8 and can see the clients okay on my iPad using tether. Can you see the clients if you tap the client symbol or the clients button at the bottom of the tether page? Be sure the tether app is up to date and your C9 is up to date.
Options
2019-07-19 08:03:13
I have same problem. Did you find a solution?
Options
2020-03-24 14:25:19

@CliffordBarker Same happens to me in Archer C6 with latest firmware (Jan 2020), so guess it's an old unfixed bug in access point mode. It's a pity because it was working right fine before it rebooted due to a power outage.

Not even pinging devices work anymore (it's supposed to catch ARP packets to build the table). What I don't understand is why it doesn't show authenticated clients, that's something the AP has to know and it's what you're expecting to see in that list.

I tried a workaround, setting router mode but configuring it as access point (disabling DHCP and NAT, using the LAN port, setting LAN IP address manually). I didn't achieve Internet connectivity, don't know exactly why... But anyway, I only got it to recognize the device I was connecting from (the one with the web browser). When I went back to AP mode, empty list again.

Options
2020-03-31 09:48:14

@CliffordBarker Out of curiosity, have you set the DHCP Server to Off? I've found that was the bug in my C6, check this thread 

While playing with the DHCP Server options, every time I would set it to Off, the list would dissapear next time it was rebooted. However, setting it to Auto would bring the list back. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3376

Replies: 4

Related Articles