Sudden connection problems TL-WN881ND V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-19 19:56:22

Hi. I've been using a TL-WN881ND V2 with Win10 trouble-free for about a year. All of a sudden, I boot up and it doesn't auto connect to the home WiFi. When I force connect manually it oftens says "Cannot connect to this network". When it does connect, it is often very slow and disconnects itself after a while and does not auto connect again. All other wireless devices in the house working normally. I have not installed any new hardware or drivers on my PC either.

I cannot think of anything that would change the wireless behaviour on the PC. Are these general symptoms of a failing adapter? Anyone else had this sort of problem? Any help appreciated.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Sudden connection problems TL-WN881ND V2
2019-01-23 10:58:01

If you have not tried use the driver on the official website, you can try to uninstall the current driver and reinstall the driver on the official website to have a check.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WN881ND.html#Driver

Options
2020-03-10 14:13:11 - last edited 2020-03-10 14:14:01

@boshek I have the exact same issue, it started after a couple of weeks after I installed the adapter.

Did you find a solution?

Options
2020-03-11 02:07:25

@Leo_V.M. 

Hello, are you using the TL-WN881ND V2 on Win10? When did you buy the adapter? Does it work fine before?

You can try to insert the adapter into another slot then reinstall the driver. Or you can also change the wireless channel on the router.

Good day.

Options
2021-03-30 20:08:35 - last edited 2021-03-30 20:10:57

@boshek 

@Leo_V.M. 

Hello, I've encountered the same problem after connecting new RGB stand for my GPU and a new monitor. PC was off for ~30 minutes. Have you managed to deal with this problem? I have a Huawei router, model B535-232.
Please, help me! I'm going crazy because of it!

Options
2021-05-28 19:16:39

@boshek 

hey, same wifi problems started out of nowhere. installed the official driver, opened the hardware manager and under TP-link wireless n PCI adapter changed settings in the advanced tab. enabling 802.11d and putting wireless mode to 802.11b/g seems to have fixed it. although, because the card re-started each time this is changed, I am a bit worried that it might have been just a temporary fix

Options
2021-12-18 13:51:59 - last edited 2021-12-18 14:03:50

@boshek 

Hey there, I am an IT tech in Australia and I have found that TP-Link have been distributing US version TL-WN881ND cards in Australia over the last few years (first noticed in 2019 and I have seen more US version cards when I purchased some in the last couple of weeks in the hope they stopped distributing the US ones but frustratingly and obviously haven't).

This has caused major headaches for me and a number of my clients that I have supplied these TL-WN881ND US version cards to as the US cards have frequency restrictions in line with US regulations, they can only use and are restricted to channels 1-11 as when used in the United States that is their regulation for use of wireless frequencies.

After spending a considerable amount of time investigating wireless issues for a client in 2019 and then concluding that the US version WiFI adapters were the cause of the issue when modems/ gateways/ access points were using channel 12 or 13, I I have been forced to spend a considerable amount of time replacing all the US adapters in my client's systems which has seen me lose thousands of dollars in labour and travel costs along with lost revenue to resolve an issue that TP-Link have created.

TP-Link have been very uninterested in discussing this US version adapter issue with me and uninterested in substantiating their choice to distribute US version cards in Australia (and clearly haven't stopped distributing the US version adapters at the time of this post), these US version cards are clearly unsuitable for use in Australia and any other countries that allow use of channels 12 and 13.

Not sure where you are located (what country) but if outside of the United States I am wondering if you have a US version adapter (US will be on the sticker/ label on the adapter itself) and if so was/ is your WiFi set to or was/ is automatically using channel 12 or 13 to minimise interference and therefore the card could not see it due to it's channel restrictions (card can see Channel 1-11 only)?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4821

Replies: 6