Archer C2300 problem: "The 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country."

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2300 problem: "The 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country."

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-19 23:47:24

Hello,

I just upgraded the firmware on my Archer C2300 dual-band router. Since this upgrade, the 5GHz network is completely unavailable, and I can't edit its settings from the default. Does anyone know if I can fix this somehow?

Here's the message shown in the Basic view for Wireless, which says it's unavailable due to restrictions in my region / country which can't be true since I am in the US:

And here's the 5GHz button greyed out int he Advanced view for Wireless Settings:

More details:

• I am in the continental United States, so there shouldn't be a problem using 5GHz wifi here right? I have seen and used networks on that band many times.
  • The firmware upgrade was first from an early setting, so it erased all of my settings. (from 1.X to 2.0 then to 2.0.3, the latest version)
  • I can't access to change the 5GHz settings at all, but the router says they should be working.
  • Though the router says the 5GHz network should be working, I can't actually access the network, and I don't know the password anyways since the setting is greyed out from use.
  • Aside from this problem, the 2.4GHz and LAN seems to be working fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 problem: "The 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country."
2019-01-20 14:20:24
I think you need to reset the router back to factory settings and reenter your settings. I also power the router off, wait 20, and power on after making changes.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C2300 problem: "The 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country."
2019-01-21 02:26:04

Im having the same issue but wifi 5ghz and 2 stopped working.

So there's no wifi at home

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4909

Replies: 2

Related Articles