Archer T4U not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-21 01:04:22

Howdy there,

I purchased my Archer T4U adapter earlier last year, and just the other day I noticed I was lagging hard. Upon further inspections and tests later in the day, I realized my other computers in my room were connecting fine and had the speeds that I should have.

Testing the adapter on another computer, it caused the problems again. Turns out the 5gHz portion of the adapter is dead. I switched to the 2.4gHz for a day or two to see if it worked, and it did. Only it just died now, last night. When I got on last night, it suddenly dropped the internet connection, but stayed connected to the local network.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, resetting the drivers, tried it on my other computer, still no internet connection.

Dunno whats up with it, but I'm just curious if theres a warranty, I couldn't find anything in the box or on the box. If there is none, I'm just gonna order a new one, cause my old adapter I'm using in it's place temporarily is 2.4gHz only!

Cheers!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T4U not connecting to internet
2019-01-23 10:54:21

You can contact TP-LINK Technical hotline/chat service to confirm whether your device is under warranty. I think different country have different policy.

Options