TP-Link Archer C6 v2 Range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-22 12:57:12

Hi all,

I have a new wifi router from TP-Link, Archer C6 v2 and I need your opinion for my problem.

I will attach bellow my apartment plan with some speed tests. My problem is in printscreen 3 because in my opinion, the speed is very low, the connection is not constant. For 2.4 GHz I'm using channel 13, I'm the only one in that are which are using channel 13, also I checked all non-overlapping channels 1, 6, 11.

* my router is placed in that red point;

* my provider assure 940 Mbps download speed;

* I can't move router position :)

* firmware is updated (180627);

What do you think? Where can be the problem? 

(Also in my opinion, this router should be enough for this plan)

File:
tplan_apartament.jpgDownload
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C6 v2 Range
2019-01-22 13:25:30
First, ensure the speed from your ISP by connecting a PC directly to the modem bypassing the router via cable and run speed tests. Assuming all is good... Try moving the router as even a few feet can make a difference. Try raising the router. Try turning it in different directions. Try adjusting antennas if it has them. Other devices may be interfering with the radio signal. Things like cordless phones, wireless security cameras, anything wireless that uses the 2.4 or 5 bands. If you are using a VPN, it will slow things down. Is your settings mode 11bgn mixed? Power off all of your WIFI devices and the router, power up the router and only your test device, and test as other WIFI devices may be interfering. Let us know what works for you.
Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C6 v2 Range
2019-01-22 14:32:35 - last edited 2019-01-22 14:33:54

@ArcherC8  Thanks for reply.

* ensure the speed from your ISP by connecting a PC directly to the modem bypassing the router via cable and run speed tests

- 800-900 Mbps download speed directly from router via cable;

* Try moving the router as even a few feet can make a difference.

- ah, i know but i can't move it;

* Try raising the router.

- is at 2/3 room height;

* Try turning it in different directions. Try adjusting antennas if it has them.

- Done, nothing happens;

* Other devices may be interfering with the radio signal. Things like cordless phones, wireless security cameras, anything wireless that uses the 2.4 or 5 bands. If you are using a VPN, it will slow things down.

- i dont have other devices; no vpn

* Is your settings mode 11bgn mixed?

- yes, it is.

Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C6 v2 Range
2019-01-22 20:47:17
That router in that small of space should be fine. Sounds like something is blocking the WIFI. Is there something metal in between? If you move to the doorway is the signal good? Can you borrow another router to try? Extender, booster, or repeater may be in your future.
Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C6 v2 Range
2019-01-22 21:13:55
I think or i know why you getting such slow speed... bgn mixed mode... Try changing to only n or n/ac mode and you will see a huge diffrience in speed. Good luck and let us know how it went?.
Options
2019-01-23 07:53:11

Hi

The real speed is decided by the link speed. I think your wireless are running 20MHz on channel. Try to fix channel width to 40MHz, you can get a little improvement on link speed and then real speed. But the key points are the conflicts between 2.4GHz clients and distance. 

BTW, CE certificate has limited the transmit power of this router to a low level. You could not get a good signal if you are far away from your router. You can't blame your router.

Options
2019-01-23 13:54:26 - last edited 2019-01-23 15:06:37

Thanks for all comments. Internet speed is the same but know I now that my router is not broken. 

Options
2019-09-17 06:33:57
Disable QOS. Problem solved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3745

Replies: 7

Related Articles