Connect RE 305 via Ethernet to extend my wifi signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-23 05:17:54

Hi,

I have my main router in Room 1. My room 3 doesn't get good wifi signal from room 1. So I bought RE 305 wifi extender. I have also wired room 1 to Room 3 with Ethernet. Question is can I connect the end of wire to my RE 305 to extend my wifi range in Room 3? 

If so how? I tried using tplink app but I still get the wifi details setup (for slecting room 1 wifi details) option but not Ethernet option. Can some one help me with this?

Thanks!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Connect RE 305 via Ethernet to extend my wifi signal
2019-01-23 08:00:39 - last edited 2019-01-23 08:02:09

I see this unit has built-in AP mode

See https://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-10_RE305.html

"RE305 is more than a wireless range extender. Simply plug the Ethernet cable into its Ethernet port to easily turn your wired internet connection into a dual band wireless access point."

Maybe you need to login the management page to switch this unit as AP mode

Options
Re:Re:Connect RE 305 via Ethernet to extend my wifi signal
2019-01-23 10:01:41

How about change the wifi names, how do I do that? 

So you are saying not to setup anything Just connect the cable and  log into the console using http://ipaddress? right? 

Options
Re:Connect RE 305 via Ethernet to extend my wifi signal
2019-01-23 23:22:00

Great. Thanks. It is working now. I connected the wire and logged in to console using the IP Addrss, changed the wifi details. Now I am set, room 3 has full wifi. Thank you so much.

Options
2019-01-24 08:40:15

Sanjanna wrote

Great. Thanks. It is working now. I connected the wire and logged in to console using the IP Addrss, changed the wifi details. Now I am set, room 3 has full wifi. Thank you so much.

Wonderful @Sanjanna 

But i suppose that you are not just connect the cable to the extender and do nothing?  Am i right?

I am just trying to set up one like you but i have to change mode to a system mode called access point and then change Wi-Fi details by loging in with cable, using http://ipaddress

It took me about 30 minutes

Tired.

Anyway,thanks for it finally worked

Options
2020-03-24 21:27:56

Will the same scenario work with RE305 and ArcherC7, both using OneMesh? I've seen that there was recently a firmware upgrade for both devices, adding the OneMesh support, but the question is whether it will work in OneMesh when connected both devices using ethernet cable? I'm sure it will work wirelessly (RE305 as a wifi repeater) but this is not the point. I need to have both devices connected via ethernet cable and work in mesh.

Options
2020-04-22 15:04:06

@NothingElse Hi!

Finally when you have changed the mode to accespoint and has it working through the ethernet connection, do you have a separate wifi network or it is the same as on your router? Does your router find your RE305 automatically? Does it appear in the OneMesh menu of the router?

Thanks for answering.

Kornél

Options
2021-07-23 11:30:43
I have the same problem, mesh doesn't work by cable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9893

Replies: 7