Cabled desktop has unstable internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-23 16:37:29 - last edited 2019-02-12 16:04:36

Hi

I have many years’ experience on networking setting.  So setup  deco is easy for me:

I chose Ethernet backhaul way to connect them one by one because I already installed CAT6 cable in my house.

My Wi-Fi is working perfectly in everywhere in my house except my desktop.

My desktop used CAT6 cable to connect the last Deco device. It can stablely connect other devices in my house.

But it has unstable internet:  the browser can't connect the internet from time to time.

So I did a traceRt  command and found : it need to ping more than 10 times to get response, first batch are all time out.

I copied a large file from my file server which is connected to first deco and it works perfectly and fast.

My desktop also has Wi-Fi function, so I unplug the CAT6 cable, enabled Wi-Fi and restarted it. Now it works perfectly.

So I suspect my deco device has some issues with cabled computer.

Could you please help me to fix this issue? otherwise I have to return it even I like it's wifi and parent control.

Justin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cabled desktop has unstable internet-Solution
2019-02-12 16:04:29 - last edited 2019-02-12 16:04:36

I temporary fixed this issue by connecting my desktop to my second Deco device.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cabled desktop has unstable internet
2019-01-23 18:14:53 - last edited 2019-01-23 18:25:20

I'm having the same problem as you today. 
I connected the Desktop to the last Deco ethernet port. All of them are connected by Cat6 cable, and the desktop too. The result was the same: unstable connection.
I tried to connect the destop at the first Deco (disconecting the other two), and it saw to works fine.
The problem apears to occur only when the desktop is connected on the Deco number 2 and 3.

Options
Re:Cabled desktop has unstable internet
2019-01-24 18:46:49

I have the same problem, two M9's with an ethernet connection. The switch connected to the main unit is working fine but the desktop connected to the second fails periodically.

It looks like a bridging problem to me.

Options
Re:Cabled desktop has unstable internet-Solution
2019-02-12 16:04:29 - last edited 2019-02-12 16:04:36

I temporary fixed this issue by connecting my desktop to my second Deco device.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 3