DECO M4 - Change IP LAN, is it possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M4 - Change IP LAN, is it possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:DECO M4 - Change IP LAN, is it possible?
2019-07-23 20:57:15

What a joke. I updated these to the newest version and then switched the LAN to 172.16.0.1 - dropping them in place of my old router and restarting the devices took the network offline. The deco picked up my public IP and everything on the network got their new IPs from the deco... and then nothing can leave the local network. 

I've been networking homes and offices since the 90's and have worked with everything from basic home configurations up through core routers and managed switches with BGP at our datacenter, and I've *never* had such a horrible experience with a network device. When I saw that these had vlan configurations I was really hopeful for what they could do. 

My guess is that there is something in the NAT that's not happening right, but since the only access to the routers are via the app (and with no logging exposed and almost zero information about what is happening on the network, let alone each device) it is impossible to even begin troubleshooting.

I've had several TP-Link devices in the past and have had great succss with them, but I guess this one is going to be a hard pass for me. I've already started the return - this is unacceptable. 

Options
Related Articles