Can't connect to internet via access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-05 03:41:50
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Zen

I'm trying to set up my WA830RE in access point mode. It is connected to a Netgear D834G adsl modem/router via ethernet. The Netgear has DHCP enabled with an IP address of 192.168.150.1, and I have disabled the DHCP server on the AP, and set the AP to DynamicIP.

The AP is connecting to the Netgear, and receiving an IP address of 192.168.150.6.

I have set the SSID of both router and AP to PJNet, with the same WPA passphrase.

I can connect to the internet via devices that are connected directly to the Netgear router, and I can connect to the wireless network of the AP, but devices which are connected to the AP wifi network are not able to access the internet.

Would I need to enable WDS on the Netgear, or are there any other settings I need to check/change? I assumed not, as it was connected to the AP via ethernet. (The distance is too great to run the AP in range extender mode).

Thanks,

Brad
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to internet via access point
2012-12-05 09:07:46
No, you do not need to enable the WDS on the Netgear.
The AP and the router are close to each other with a cable connected?
Options
Re:Can't connect to internet via access point
2012-12-05 09:12:10
Two different devices have the same SSID and password. This could cause a problem for client devices to identify. Change the channel on the AP and router may work. Make channels are different on AP and Netgear. Or Change different SSID for them.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3739

Replies: 2

Related Articles