Deco M9 Plus Speed Problem ( Upload and Download ) Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-29 21:36:45 - last edited 2019-01-31 12:27:30

Hi , I Installed 2 Pcs From 3 Pcs Of Deco M9 Plus (the main on the living room i connect him with your lan cable and the second deco i put in the bedroom) , after I Confing the whole network , I can see that if i make internet test , i can get 200 mega , and 70 mega upload , by the way 

I have a 1GB Internet , But If i will try another time , i can get 4 - 20 mega download and upload , its down from 200 mega download and from 70 mega upload ! , the house is one floor the distance from the main deco is not far , what can i do ? its dissapointing me ... , its very wird because when i go to deco app and run a test from the bedroom with the second deco , i get great results 550 mega download , and 105 upload ,when i go to speedtest app by ookla i get dissapointing results how it can be ? please help 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Speed Problem ( Upload and Download ) Help
2019-01-30 05:44:40

May I know what's the model number of your client device which is running the speed test?

The actual download speed (speed on the application layer) is always decided by the link speed of a client. It's usually half of the link speed or lower due to the wireless environment. When you get a low speed on the client, it's recommended to check the link speed at first. You can search online for how to as different clients may have different methods.

The link speed is also related to the distance and obstacles. Kindly have a check if you get a lower speed result.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus Speed Problem ( Upload and Download ) Help
2019-01-30 11:40:21 - last edited 2019-01-31 12:27:30

I make Test with SpeedTest by Ookla , I want to boost my wifi , I can get 2 mb on test by Ookla , and after couple of min i can get 200 mb

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus Speed Problem ( Upload and Download ) Help
2019-02-11 17:34:46

Please explain what you mean by "The actual download speed (speed on the application layer) is always decided by the link speed of a client. It's usually half of the link speed or lower due to the wireless environment."

For you, (who or what) is "the client"?

Why would it be half in any case?

In my case, I have 3 Deco M5's.  My router speed from my cable provider is 55mbps down.  

My Deco app's speedtest says 55mbps.  

My laptops show 28 Mbps (or worse).  They are new(er) machines and their network adapters are updated with the most recent drivers.

Why do they receive half the rate of what is being transmitted?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus Speed Problem ( Upload and Download ) Help
2019-02-12 18:02:56
Same issue here. Kept my laptop 1 feet away from primary node - got 230mbps download consistently on www.speedtest.net. turned off wifi..walked to second node - 1 feet away again and turned on wifi - got connected - full signal. After multiple tries www.speedtest.net says only 130-150mbps Never had this issue with Netgear orbi. Sad I gave it away to my brother assuming deco m9 will be enough for me
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus Speed Problem ( Upload and Download ) Help
2019-02-12 18:02:57
Same issue here. Kept my laptop 1 feet away from primary node - got 230mbps download consistently on www.speedtest.net. turned off wifi..walked to second node - 1 feet away again and turned on wifi - got connected - full signal. After multiple tries www.speedtest.net says only 130-150mbps Never had this issue with Netgear orbi. Sad I gave it away to my brother assuming deco m9 will be enough for me
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1316

Replies: 5

Related Articles