How to fix frequent interruption at Tp-link deco M5 mesh whole wifi system?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to fix frequent interruption at Tp-link deco M5 mesh whole wifi system?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:How to fix frequent interruption at Tp-link deco M5 mesh whole wifi system?
2020-05-23 17:44:29

@Rocky I'm having the very same issue. To the point that I moved into the room where my main deco is connected to my virgin router, the problem persisted where video calls would constantly freeze. I re-enabled my virgin router wifi and conntected to it mid call and the problem disappeared. Definitely an issue with the deco system! 

Options
2020-06-04 06:08:26
hi tp link , i'm facing issues with my 5ghz wifi , it keep on dropping while 2.4ghz and lan are still working. i'm using deco M5 set of 3 . i've performed factory reset changed slave deco as main and tried ur beta firmware1.4.2 still facing the same issue and right now currently on firmware 1.4.4. i think its the fault of the firmware . plz help to solve this issue.
Options
2020-06-04 06:08:41

@TP-Link Deco hi tp link , i'm facing issues with my 5ghz wifi , it keep on dropping while 2.4ghz and lan are still working. i'm using deco M5 set of 3 . i've performed factory reset changed slave deca as main and tried ur beta firmware1.4.2 still facing the same issue and right now currently on firmware 1.4.4. i think its the fault of the firmware . plz help to solve this issue

Options
2020-06-17 14:41:20 - last edited 2020-06-17 14:45:24

@TP-Link Deco I have the same issue bt with the Deco P9 - I am sat 1 meter away from one of the units and the signal keeps dropping on my laptop whilst browsing and video call via zoom I never had this issue via the Virgin router and the claims of stablity and reliablity are starting to unravel 1 week after purchase.. plaese please help!!

Options
2020-07-06 14:27:15

@TP-Link Deco

I just bought the Deco M5 system with 3 pcs and I am having the same issue. Before I used the stock router from my ISP wich did not have full coverage but I also did not have theese problems with connection dropouts. I am running 1.4.4.

Options
2020-07-06 16:36:17

@Jopiter I found no solution and had to send mine back. Still haven't replaced it yet but when I do it won't be TP-Link and will be tri-band. 

Options
2020-07-08 09:06:20

@Rocky I deeply regret buying this Deco AC1300, The support ignores we the customers, there is no excuse for such a thing, it was the last thing I bought from this company.

Options
2020-07-08 12:44:10

Same and same again.

I have nearly the same setup, my modem (Xfinity model they call B7 with 4 Ethernet ports), which is connected to the Master M5 unit, all in my office over the garage. Then one slave device is in a bedroom also on the 2nd floor, and another slave in the kitchen downstairs.

Mobile devices such as my wife's or my iPhones will be OK sometimes, but more often, when moving around the house, it seems as though they stay connectred to one M5 device, and thus lose the connection because they are so distant or weak.

Support has had me move the slaves, Reboot, Remove Fast Roaming and Beam Forwarding, Reboot, Reboot, and the latest advice is to "Go back to factory settings and start over." Very frustrating!

Anyone know for sure if Factory will work? I am loath to have to reconfigure the entire system again... I have ~30 devices (many are just light switches), but the computers, phones and DVRs will need reconfiguring.

HELP!

Options
2020-07-08 16:21:06

Just bough Deco M5 3s and have the same issue so far on 1 out of the 3 units. Moving just 1 meter away from the unit my WIFI signal drops very low. 5 meters away and signal is lost completely. LAN port seems to be working fine. Tried to restore factory setting to no avail.

Options
2020-07-24 05:00:33

@Skorunka I have the same issue, the same error happens every 10 seconds. Did you hear back from TP-link? It seems like no one responded to this post.

Options