TPPLC app scheduling or easy turn-off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-05 13:52:13 - last edited 2020-08-07 05:58:22

Hi all

I have just purchased a new WPA8630P kit which I didn't need to extend my network but did need in order to access the powerline network from my phone using the TPPLC app (all my other powerlines are either non-wifi or too old!).

However, having now set all of the powerlines back up and accessed the network via the app, I am extremely disappointed to find that I cannot easily switch individual adaptors on and off.  I can remove an adapter, but then need to enter the 16-letter key to add it back to the network.

I could aleady do this via my PC using the TP PC utility before I spent £100 on the new 8630P kit but this is a chore, and I was led to believe that the app would give me easy access to both schedule on/off times and simply switch adaptors on and off.  This is not the case at all.

I want to be able to do this so that I can turn off access to the internet via the hardwired network for my children each evening, but leave me able to have access.  Not having this functionality on the app means that I am no better off than I was previously and I am down £100 (ebay purchase so cannot even take it back!).

Does anyone know if there are plans for this sort of functionality to be rolled out in a later update?  It is not a difficult option to add to the app - the app can see the powerline before it is removed so surely a 'disable this powerline' option could be added.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TPPLC app scheduling or easy turn-off-Solution
2020-08-07 05:56:31 - last edited 2020-08-07 05:58:22

@MartinR 

Good day.

Thank for your patience.

For your case, you could refer to this link to configure Wi-Fi Schedules, then it could disable the Wi-Fi during a specific time:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1692/

Thank you~

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TPPLC app scheduling or easy turn-off-Solution
2020-08-07 05:56:31 - last edited 2020-08-07 05:58:22

@MartinR 

Good day.

Thank for your patience.

For your case, you could refer to this link to configure Wi-Fi Schedules, then it could disable the Wi-Fi during a specific time:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1692/

Thank you~

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 947

Replies: 1