Deco M9 - Second node performance drop?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-12 17:25:44

Recently got Deco M9 - 2 pack. I have 8-9 devices connected at all times.

When I check the internet speed on the primary node thats connected to modem - it shows 210 mbps

When I check the internet speed on second node thats 3 rooms away - the network speed is onlny 130 - 150mbps

Is this how it works for everyone or do I have a bad piece of hardware? This was not how my old 2 pack Netgear Orbi used to work.

Note: I made sure to disable wifi - walked to the room where the second node is & then connected to wifi to make sure I was connected to secondary node. Checked and confirmed on the app that my device is connected to secondary node.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9 - Second node performance drop?
2019-02-12 17:27:50

Place second node on second room not on third room. Remember you need around 30/35dbm SNR between both decos to avoid performance drop.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 - Second node performance drop?
2019-02-12 17:50:55
Not sure what "30/35dbm SNR" means But the app says second node is connected and everything looks good. Fyi - house is only 2100 sqft with main router at one end(cant move because thats where the cable modem is) and second is in the middle of the house. Most of the devices are connected to primary node
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 - Second node performance drop?
2019-02-12 20:40:45

SNR is Signal to Noise Ratio on wifi communications. Sometimes you have great signal but some noise and speed drop.

Get on APP/Software to see how your SNR from Deco 1 on place of Deco 2. If below of 30/35 you need put Deco 2 near Deco 1. 
(This is my network with four Deco M5) on 4500sq ft multi story house. Don't have any trouble here. 

Q1 S1 Linked via Ethernet and Q3 and S2 Wifi 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 - Second node performance drop?
2019-02-14 18:57:18

I think this app to see snr should be already integrated in the second app.

Why use a third-party app to troubleshoot a WiFi system?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 - Second node performance drop?
2019-02-14 19:50:28

Cam777 wrote

I think this app to see snr should be already integrated in the second app.

Why use a third-party app to troubleshoot a WiFi system?

Don't have any signal meter on Deco App. Bacause this i use external one. Wifi Explorer on MacOS and Wifi Analyser on Android Phone. Due SDK restrictions don't have any good Signal meter on IOS devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1548

Replies: 5

Related Articles