Extend my Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extend my Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extend my Wi-Fi
Extend my Wi-Fi
2012-12-06 17:29:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : ?

ISP : Virgin media

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : ?

ISP : Virgin media (Cable)

Hi, does anybody know if or how can I configure this Wi-Fi router to be an extension of my new existing Wi-Fi, pretty sure it can do it , seem to remember something on initial setup a year'ish ago but I've lost the cd now!! please help, regards.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Extend my Wi-Fi
2012-12-06 17:59:12
The TP-LINK website-->support-->download. Maybe form there, you can download the CD.
WIFI--->WIFI...Is this link offers you what you want: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=227
Hope this can help you !
Options
2012-12-06 19:00:05
Sorry, think they call it a repeater, so can I use this unit as a repeater? thanks.
Options
2012-12-06 19:34:44
WDS of TL-WR941ND functions similar as repeater that both of them will extend the WIFI range, what's different is that repeater won't have another network while WDS will do.
Options
2012-12-07 18:06:08
Repeater? I do not think so.From WIKImedia, it is said that WDS device can have its own SSID and password while the repeater must be the exact same as the root wireless router. What is more, repeater will also slow down the speed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 4

Related Articles