parental control is not working at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-16 18:35:51 - last edited 2019-02-16 18:49:16
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest
parental control on my router is not working. the device is added to the parental control list is still able to access all the blocked websites freely.

I noticed one thing, whenever I open the parental control settings the device is seen unchecked, no matter how many times I check it before it gets unchecked by itself as can be seen in img attached below. The status shows active. the internet access time is also set up properly. then I don't know what seems to be the problem here. I’ve tried this with all of my devices but parental control is just not working at all.

My router runs latest firmware available and since its launch no firmware update has been provided by company.

please help.

thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:parental control is not working at all
2019-02-20 09:16:06

Hi,

Try inverting the Parental control.  By this I mean setting to White List, make the allowed site say a boring news website.  Then invert the hours.

So during the 'controlled hours' the kids can only access the White List site = blocks the interesting sites.

TP could do so much better with Parental controls if they tried.  Something simple like scheduled blocking by MAC.

Options
Re:parental control is not working at all
2019-02-20 09:26:11

Hey, do not forget internet access time, the parental control will take effect during the certain time. 

Besides. to verify whether the parental control is functional, you can add a device and then choose 24/7 as internet access, choose whitelist and no keywords. In the end, check whether the device can access internet. Note: theoretically, it won't. 

FYI, below is the setup guidance. https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1124.html

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3073

Replies: 2

Related Articles