Archer C7 NO-IP not updating

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-19 02:18:55
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20180425 rel.62587(5553)

Hi. I have been using it with no problems but lately maybe something changed at No-ip or the router has a configuration issue because it stopped updating. Reboot, logout, password changes don't help.

Any button press on the web admin shows a red Cross with the text "Not launching"

Any time I login to the web admin and I go to the dynamic DNS menu it's set to Tplink instead of no-ip.

How can I restore no-ip?

Unfortunately the TPLink service requires that I link the router with your online service and I don't want that

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C7 NO-IP not updating
2019-02-19 09:18:24

Follow https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1103.html to have a try? more details, like the picture of the error message. the specific symptom of the current issue? 

Options
Re:Archer C7 NO-IP not updating
2019-02-19 20:45:01
Just set up everything in no-ip website and forget the router DDNS settings as the only time it makes a difference is when your IP address changes. In most cases, it is rare when it changes. I am with Comcast and it has not changed since I started using both no-ip and DVRLISTS several years ago (prior to that I do not know if the IP changed). If your IP does change, sign on to the no-ip website and update it. I have my DDNS is disabled and I have a security DVR, several wyze cams, and several foscams.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 NO-IP not updating
2019-02-28 15:54:07

Mine changes, at least it did when I disconnected everything, left for vacations and reconnected. The DHCP assigned public IP that the ISP gives me changes every now and then, and I want it to be updated or I can be left out of the VPN in the worst moment.

NO-IP is free but it asks for a 30 day renewal, I do not like it that much but it works.

the TP-Link service is a good deal but I do not know why it only works if you have your device "connected to the cloud" and you have to login with TP-Link cloud credentials, crazy... I don't want to have that, I want 100% private access to my device.

BTW the link to set up in the previous post is irrelevant as it was working. I think the Firmware needs an update.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 NO-IP not updating
2019-03-06 22:28:26
Since your IP changes I see your need to have the router update it especially if you need to connect from outside your network. When I travel, I like to check my cameras. I tried to set NO-IP up on my router and like you wanted to use a free one. I also did not like the 30 day renewal on the NO-IP free service. As I recall, the others were paid services. I use a different free service DVRLISTS that is offered by my DVR company but is not an option on TP-Link Archer C8. There are services that can update the IP called "Dynamic DNS Software Update Clients" for some DDNS providers. Mine has it. It is a program that runs in background on your PC that updates the IP ever so often. I do not use it since my IP seems to be static.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 NO-IP not updating
2019-03-07 06:20:47

Hi the TP-Link DDNS requires to be connected to the cloud, and it is free; while the NO-IP is a free trial one. That is why it asks for a 30 day renewal.

So obvisouly, it is a dilemma.  You may need make a decision. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 NO-IP not updating
2019-03-07 18:12:24
NO-IP is free if you confirm your host name every 30 days. They send you an email warning that you need to take action. Each time they ask if you want to upgrade to the paid service. I have kept my NO-IP account going for over a year.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2424

Replies: 6

Related Articles