Wireless network card not working with home WiFi but with other WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-21 13:34:36

Hello guys,

I'm having a really annoying problem with my newly built stationary. I'm running a home WiFi network with the Archer C2 AC750. I have zero problems with the WiFi on my laptop, my phone, my TV, my GFs phone and her laptop. However the stationary cannot stay connected to the internet for more than a few minutes via my home WiFi. I've been using my phone as a hotspot (currently on that to post this) and it never drops out of the connection which leads me to believe the problem lies with the AC750 router.

The problem has occurred with both the wireless network card which I'm using at the moment as well as an Archer T1U usb dongle (I actually bought the card as I thought the dongle was faulty...)

What's weird is that it stays connected to the actual WiFi, and I can even stream movies via Plex to my TV even though it doesn't keep the internet connection. When I attempt to load a website or run the network diagnostics tool as the connection disappears I've gotten several different errors:

dns_probe_finished_no_internet

dns_server_not_responding

dns_probe_started

err_network_changed

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary dns server

I've tried the following things:

1. Resetting my WiFi
  2. Assigning permanent IP adresses to each MAC-address on the WiFi
  3. Resetting/releasing and renewing IPCONFIG via command prompt
  4. Setting a specific DNS server (both primary and secondary)
  5. Reinstalled Windows (thought it might have been infected)

I hope someone can help me figure out the issue, so I can start using my stationary computer properly :) Any help is highly appreciated!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Wireless network card not working with home WiFi but with other WiFi
2019-02-21 15:31:39
A shot in the dark... If your PC is using bluetooth, it may be interfering with the WIFI signal. Also try your PC in a different location to see if it is something else interfering with the signal.
Options
Re:Re:Wireless network card not working with home WiFi but with other WiFi
2019-02-22 06:42:58

ArcherC8 wrote

A shot in the dark... If your PC is using bluetooth apps , it may be interfering with the WIFI signal. Also try your PC in a different location to see if it is something else interfering with the signal.

Thanks for the updates.

Options
2019-02-22 07:18:55

It doesn't have bluetooth. My father finally came with a brilliant idea - update my routers firmware. Apparrently there was a bug which was fixed:

"2. Fixed the bug that the device would be unable to access internet when special IP address and gateway are offered by ISP."

This seems to have fixed it, at least it was running without any disconnections issues for a few hours yesterday.

Options
2019-02-22 07:57:57

Hi bro,

it is suggested to change the DNS related to the WAN info; go to advanced-network-internet  page to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Meanwhile, you can connect fewer devices into the C2 to test the network stability to avoid the interferences with other devices. 

Options
2019-02-22 08:02:23

hey, missed this one, great to know that it has been fixed finally. Good job, and noted ^_^

Options
Re:Re:Re:Wireless network card not working with home WiFi but with other WiFi
2019-02-23 10:38:05

Or so I thought. It simply worked for a few hours and then when I restarted the same problem occurred.

I've tried setting the DNS to 8888 and 8844, but I guess I'll try and disconnect some devices though.

Options
2019-02-25 18:00:57

In a previous couple of years, I have faced several Internet connection problems and every time I came up with a brilliant solution. But there are still many wifi issues that make me like pulling my hairs out. One of such is Wifi connected but not internet access. Now after so much experience I can say that there is no specific solution to this problem. You need to try things to check which works in your case. You can check a few of them here. - WiFi Connected No Internet

Options
2019-02-27 07:15:22

Thank you, I will look at that :) Luckily my ISP is a students network, so it's said that they have excellent support - hopefully they can help me as well. :)

Options
Re:Re:Re:Wireless network card not working with home WiFi but with other WiFi
2019-03-06 21:57:49
please let us know what you find. Does power off/on just the router reestablish the connection? Does power off/on just the PC reestablish the connection?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1661

Replies: 9

Related Articles