DHCP reservation doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-22 14:36:55 - last edited 2019-02-22 14:51:43
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v005f.0 Build 160328 Rel.39325n

I can't make my Archer to enforce the set DHCP address reservation settings. Even though I've registered all my home network devices and assigned predefined IPs to them, the router still assigns the first IP unused at the moment to the randomly selected device, disregarding the IP reserved for it.

The only thing that fixes that is the IP-MAC address binding. I used to use it to correct the issue, but since a couple of days, I've been using a hardware firewall that intercepts the traffic using ARP spoofing. In order to make it work properly, I've had to disable IP-MAC biding and rely on the DHCP reservation only. And instantly I see the old issue back:

Can someone suggest any fix for this (apart from the IP-MAC binding obviously )?

There's no newer firmware I could get hoping it will fix the problem and I don't think there will be since Archer v2 is already being sold (though I saw many online shops still offering v1).

Options
3 Reply
Re:DHCP reservation doesn't work
2019-02-26 05:30:34

If your firmware version is the EU version you can try to upgrade to the latest firmware 160708. https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C3150_V1.html#Firmware

Options
Re:Re:DHCP reservation doesn't work
2019-02-26 08:45:07 - last edited 2019-02-26 09:35:01

Thank you for this tip!

Interesting, as I've been using PL support site and this FW version is not listed there at all... The last FW available in Poland is Archer C3150(EU)_V1_160328. It looks it may be necessary to browse different support sites to find a newer FW... 

There's obviously a warning message saying that one shouldn't use the FW dedicated for other countries, but somehow I doubt one EU country has any different FW than the other, especially that the version names and the file sizes exactly match.

Options
Re:Re:Re:DHCP reservation doesn't work
2019-03-03 04:17:23

Oh, then your firmware is the latest, have you tried to factory reset this router and reinstall it? If it still the same, it is better to contact TP-link technical support..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 3

Related Articles