How can I ssh into my Archer C9 router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-24 17:40:45
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20180423 rel.85787(5553)

I recently tried to ssh into my Archer C9 to see if I could access the plugged in hard drive another way instead of using something like FileZilla, when I tried to ssh into the router (with putty) it gave me: 

Server refused to allocate pty

and

Server refused to start a shell/command

If anyone knows a way to ssh into an Archer C9, please tell me.

Options
3 Reply
Re:How can I ssh into my Archer C9 router?
2019-02-26 03:44:03

I got this from TP-Link long time ago: we have already considered the security issue, and have already blocked the related SSH tunnels and commands, which makes this SSH available only to the Tether APP.  Other SSH clients cannot control the router via commands.

Options
2020-04-09 11:37:34 - last edited 2020-04-09 11:41:02

I have a similar issue 
My C7 does not allow me to change DNS   to my local pihole machine

DNS server IP address and LAN IP address cannot be in the same subnet.

I was trying to login via SSH but my user and password is not working.

TP-link should put such information on a box so customers before buying will be aware that will not be able to connect own equipment and change setting like they need  as SSH access is not allowed.

I don't want to replace firmware  for DDWRT/OpenWrt but  with your polices it look like I don't have any other choice 

Options
2020-04-09 12:15:24

@PawelM Are you changing the DNS address in the right place? Ensure you are setting your Pihole's addres under DHCP server, and not under Internet. I've been using a pihole and a C7 router for ages and it's worked flawlessley. Hopefully they haven't changed this feature on the C9!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10392

Replies: 3

Related Articles