NAT Type Issues for Xbox Live on Archer VR2600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-27 20:53:47
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.8.0 v0050.0 Build 160518 Rel.50944n

I've been having issues with obtaining an open NAT type for xbox live since starting to use this router.

The only way I can get an open NAT is to use a static IP on the xbox one, create virtual servers and add all of the suggested ports for xbox live services, have UPnP enabled and here's the bizarre setting...I have to enable Bandwidth Control (discovered by fluke), otherwise I keep getting a 'Can't get a Teredo IP address' in my xbox network settings.

So having the bandwidth control turned on gives me an open NAT, however, this is at the cost of download speed, as it reduces the mbps by about 30%.

A few questions...

1. Has anyone been able to configure an Archer VR2600 to maintain an open NAT without the above configuration? If so, how have you done this?

2. Does anyone know why turning on bandwidth control gives me an open NAT?

3. Can anyone tell me how to configure bandwidth control so that it doesn't impact my download speed? Currently, it is just enabled - there are no rules.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1806

Replies: 0

Related Articles