Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
77 Reply
Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2020-05-04 12:38:05

For what it's worth: we have an M5 Deco installed for a little over two weeks now, it worked ok until approximately a week ago. Since a week we're experiencing the same problems as described by other people in this thread: our devices are frequently and randomly disconnecting. This is especially noticable when streaming content (eg Netflix) or when our kids are playing games (I'm kind of fed up 'fixing' Roblox every 30 mins). 

I haven't tried assigning a static IP yet but the software is up to date. I can echo the sentiments of other people in this thread that the problem seems to be a hardware/software issue with the Deco M5. Our previous router a Netgear, never had these issues.

Options
2020-07-14 13:02:50 - last edited 2020-07-14 13:06:15

I just came here and read the whole thread. I have a system with one M1300 Deco + three M5 Decos.

I was loving the setup... until I started getting this exact same problem described by many.

First I was blaming my Zyxel modem, until I realized it's not the modem, problem is the main Deco connected to the Zyxel modem.

I also have a desktop computer connected directly to the Zyxel, and it isn't experiencing any problem.

However, the rest of my devices are connected via Decos (either via Wifi or RJ45 ports), and all those devices connected via Decos are having the issue intermittently.

I have tried setting client devices (such as my PVR in my living room) with static IP-address --> No help.

I couldn't find where I could set the Decos themselfs with static IP-address. I can log into each deco with a web browser, and I can see them in the Deco app, but nowhere do I find a place to configure the Decos' own LAN IP address.

My firmware is up to date. My Deco system is in Access Point mode to allow my Zyxel to take care of DHCP and other stuff.

So how about it TP-Link, any support for the people using your stuff?

Options
2020-07-15 15:44:05

Same started a few weeks ago. 

Worked great for about a year. I even went and got a new 3 pack setthem all up and same thing.

Randomly the decos will flash red for a few seconds to a minute or so then they are back..

Tried it all new modem from ISP got a new Router etc etc. 

PLEASE TPLINK HELP US OUT HERE>>>>> 

JJ

Options
2020-07-18 10:15:50

Well, I got so frustrated yesterday that I simply reset my Zyxel modem, my Decos, and an extra switch I have, all back to factory settings. Then re-configured everything.

Now my network has been stable for over 24 hours. *knock on wood*

Before the reset I had to reboot once or twice a day.

So let's see now... likely the problems will re-appear at some point.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2020-07-18 15:51:00
My main Deco is connecting to the router and the router is issuing IP via DHCP, so instead of getting that IP dynamically in Deco, set it statically. The rest of the devices connected to the Deco mesh can be left as dynamic.
Options
2020-07-18 19:21:58

@Dho123 

I was having similiar issues so I contacted TP-Link and they have been supporting me with fixing the issue..

They spent a good few hours remotely accessing my router to capture logs and debug the issue and have now provided a new update.

Since yesterday I have been using the new 1.4.5 software, which looks to be working great.

It is certainly worth contacting support to allow them to support you with your issue,

Options
2020-07-24 04:24:49

Worked great for over a year. Have 5 deco m5's total. 1 main, 3 connected over ethernet backhaul over POE, and 1 wifi backhaul.

As of 2 weeks ago, since update to 1.4.4, main has been dropping connection to the modem. Swapped out modem, with new modem (Technicolor), it's even worse, dropping connection and not reconnecting until I replug in the ethernet cable or restart.

Where did you find the 1.4.5 update?

Options
2020-07-24 04:31:22

Hi @destriaero,

1.4.5 was sent to me via email by the TP-link second level support team.

The version I have is a debug version which gives the ability to log in to the router/aps via CMD using telnet (port 23) so probably not secure enough for day to day use.

Options
2020-07-24 16:03:24
Thanks, Ben! Do you mind sharing the file with me? I would love to take a look at the logs and get an idea of what's happening on my end. Cheers!
Options
2020-07-27 09:45:59

@destriaero I have been having the same issue. After boasting to friends that I had finally sorted out my internet issues we now have problems on one laptop and the TV. They are our older devices but have been fine until recently. Now the TV is constantly buffering or dropping off and the lap top is disconnecting or connecting without internet. I'm hoping TP-link will release an update to sort this soon or I'm going to have to start shopping for another system! I rely on high speed internet for work on teh laptop and the TV is a pain. We have a ChromeCast at teh back of the TV that streams perfectly so I can't understand why teh TV is now struggling!! I am going to contact Tp-Link as someone else hs suggested.

Options