router suddenly stopped loading certain websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-09 03:17:21
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys.
Since yesterday (Friday 8th DEC) certain websites couldn't be accessed on any of our devices (mixture of PC's, android and apple devices)
After trying everything I could think of and even phoning our internet provider nothing would get the sites to load (Facebook, hotmail to name but two)
A friend of mine also said he was having exactly the same problems whereas no one else I know had any problems!.

Anyway, after much scratching of head with resetting the router to factory defaults etc the only thing left to test was a direct connection with the modem where all websites worked perfectly!
So the problem is 100% the router! Even after a factory restore it still doesn't work with those websites and after talking to my friend it turns out he too has a tp-link router but a different model.

So does anyone know why they would both stop working on exactly the same day and stopping exactly the same websites?
All I could think was if they automatically updated themselves but not seen any reference to them auto updating.
Very annoyed as we have only had the router for about a month and chose this model because of the huge amount of 5 star ratings it got on amazon and because the superhub from virgin has very poor WiFi range in our house whereas the tp-link let's us get great WiFi strength all through the house.

Any info of what could be the reason would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Options
3 Reply
Re:router suddenly stopped loading certain websites
2012-12-09 16:30:24
Hello, Mark,

Really wired problem. Your friend and you both have the same ISP and TP-LINK router? Only hotmail and Facebook can not open?

Have you tried MTU size? Change it smaller to 1440 and do the MAC clone on the router with the main computer.
Options
2012-12-09 16:57:29
We both have the same ISP but different models of router but both are tp-link.
There are a few other sites that won't open too.
Not tried the MTU size yet but will try your suggestions today and will report back with the results.

Thanks
Options
2012-12-09 18:34:18
Changed the MTU and so far so good thanks :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2669

Replies: 3

Related Articles