Do You Need a Physical Wifi Switch on Your Router ? Why ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-13 09:55:28

File:
WIFI BUTTON.jpgDownload
Options
11 Reply
Re:Do You Need a Physical Wifi Switch on Your Router ? Why ?
2013-06-13 13:01:48
No, i do not need it. It is not very useful for me. I have a lot of wireless devices.
Options
2013-06-13 14:39:59
It's not very usefull for me but I think it must exist.

By the way, my WR1043ND doesn't have any power switch, don't you think it's much more scandalous?
Options
2013-06-30 23:11:39
No, I don`t need. We have this functionality in graphics interface (GUI).
Options
2013-07-11 00:19:34
Depending which is easier to reach, the mains outlet switch or the routers' to reboot the system. All my previous have been without and with the modem on the same outlet it's always been a dual reboot.

Alan
Options
2013-09-06 00:45:56
I have little use for switches that can be emulated in software, like the Router/WISP Client switch on the WR843ND. I can see some use for the WiFi switch in situations where you need to shut down your WiFi fast because someone is using it to hack your network, but how often does that happen and you actually know it?

I do like the power button, please keep it.

Please return the reset button to a recessed button. The new routers where the reset has been combined with the QSS/WPS button makes it too easy for people to accidentally reset there router. As an ISP, I can tell you that people resetting their routers are one of our banes.
Options
2014-05-25 14:07:59
i need the physical wifi switch because my WR1043v2 wifi will not wake up after certain inactivity. Just push the wifi switch bring the router back to normal (for certain time) :(
However the wired LAN is normal.
Options
modem leaves internet connection
2014-06-18 00:50:48
It is a stupid modem I got it changed but the same problem is there modem stops after 2 - 5 mins and have to switch it off n den switch it back again realy fucked up device tp link 300
Options
What would really be nice is...
2014-08-02 23:15:46
Could we have 2 more rj45 plugs as standard in the routers, instead of this wifi switch?
Remember when computers used to have 4 usb ports max? Then the standard was 6, then 8.
Routers is going to be the same thing.

I don't buy a bunch of electronics, but I already could use another port.
Computer, printer, Voip phone, Garage door link - there is no room for my usb drive now!
Options
2014-11-05 17:20:59
No, I don`t need as long as we can disable/enable using the graphics interface (GUI).
Options
Yes, I now shutdown the whole router at night
2014-12-23 20:31:11
I noticed that when I turn off the Wifi at night my sleep more deeper, comfortable and am more relaxed when I wake up.
Now I have a timer that shuts down the router around the time I go to sleep and turns on around the time I start to work.
But I need a second router without Wifi to keep the rest of the network running.
This network could run just as fine on the TP-Link WR941ND v2/v3 if you could turn off the Wifi maybe not through hardware like a switch in my case but a software solution would also work perfect, with a timer built into that is.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1202

Replies: 11

Related Articles