Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2020-07-06 03:47:20
Hi, would you mind inboxing the same instructions? I have a CA version Archer C7 (v2) and am running US firmware and want to revert to CA firmware. cheers.
Options
2020-07-09 17:49:01

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I'm having the same issues as the others regarding my Archer C7 (CA) V2 router. 

I purchased the router from BestBuy

The firmware currently shows as:

Version 3.15.3 Build 180114 Rel. 39265n

However, it won't allow me to update and shows an error code: 18005

I saw that there is a story to update the firmware through TFTP, however the story is quite old and the application is for windows 95. Is there another easier method to get my router to the correct firmware?

Options
2020-07-10 00:29:07 - last edited 2020-07-10 00:52:43

@Justfrancis Hey just wanted to chime in as not too long ago I also had the same issue with my router regarding US firmware on a canadian router and this was the response I recieved from Kevin_Z (post # 2). He was very helpful at the time and assisted me in fixing my problem. Follow the link and maybe watch the youtube link as well. The visual aid was very helpful and the steps were pretty detailed:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/172940

Now that I look at it might be the same story you mentioned but I got windows10 x64bit  (so I believe at the time I used the corresponding 64 bit application: Tftpd64-4.64) and I basically followed the youtube video and read up on some of the links and it worked.

Best of luck dude, make sure you read and follow the instructions carefully.

Options
Related Articles