DHCP not dealing addresses after few hours.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-10 05:02:17
Region : Poland

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 120810 Rel.44064n

ISP : http://www.akk.net.pl/

I'm having issues with DHCP server not dealing IP after few hours (varies between 1h and 8h) of torrent traffic. If no continuous torrent traffic is applied, the problem does not occur.
New wireless devices connect to the wi-fi network, but get stuck on 'getting IP adress'.

The problem is with DHCP service or the wireless network service. New wired devices receive IP. The problem is only with wireless devices. I have no additional wireless device, that I can configure the network settings on my own (only phones) to check if it works without DHCP server giving IP. Wired connection is stable, but the bandwidth usage curve becomes somewhat similar to a sinewave.

I did disable the hardware NAT because that feature made the router unstable and caused it to hang up within minutes.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?
Options
7 Reply
Re:DHCP not dealing addresses after few hours.
2012-12-11 01:08:32
Now my wireless connection is 'Perfect' but the throughput does not rise above 100kB/s.
I have no idea what is wrong.
Options
2012-12-11 08:23:54
Check whether you can change the DHCP release time, make it a longer as the router can. This dual band router, try to change some settings for the wireless like channel , channel width for both 2.4g and 5g .
Options
2012-12-11 22:03:51
I already went through all of the settings, Auto channel, fixed channel, all 3 width settings... etc.
5GHz network seems to be working fine, problems are with the 2.4GHz.

And as for lease times, I even tried fixed IP reservations for some of those. Does not help.
Options
2012-12-13 16:26:11
How many wireless clients are connected at the same? How about reducing the number?
Options
2012-12-17 04:48:15
I have 4 clients average, 7 maximum. If the router cant manage this... I'm kinda returning it to the shop, cause its crap.
Options
2012-12-18 14:09:06
It would be nice if there was a Beta software or Third-party software...
Options
2012-12-21 19:19:18
I got infuriated by the stock software. Said goodbye to my warranty and flashed with dd-wrt beta release. Everything but 5GHz Wi-Fi working fine.
Will revert to stock when they release next version.
Options