2.4ghz lost connection, 5ghz still working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2.4ghz lost connection, 5ghz still working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:2.4ghz lost connection, 5ghz still working
2020-09-18 12:40:41

Model: Archer C5400X

Hardware Version:

Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 201904111 rel. 52981

My router also shows the same behvior

I also lost my 2.4ghz lost connection, 5ghz still working.

2.4Ghz wireless configuration is set on but i cannot see it on my laptop or iphone (less than a meter away).

strange because if i set on the 2.4ghz guest network i can see it

the led on the router is on

This behavior happend after i upgraded the firmware 

I factory reset the router but the behavior maintains.

I bought my router in 2019

I apreciate help

regards

Joao Vaz Martins

Options
2020-09-19 08:52:40
Exactly the same with my Archer C6, updated to the last FW version. 2.4ghz is extremely unstable, I have to restart the router every few hours. Tied changing the channel, the power, disabling 5ghz. Nothing helped.
Options
2020-09-19 09:45:26

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

My C5400X have the same issue, lost the 2.4Ghz ssid

Model: Archer C5400X

Hardware Version: V1  Serial: 218B798000289

Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 201904111 rel. 52981

Aquired in Abu Dhabi (UAE) in 2019

My router also shows the same behvior

I also lost my 2.4ghz lost connection, 5ghz still working.

2.4Ghz wireless configuration is set on but i cannot see the ssid on my laptop or iphone (less than a meter away).

strange because if i set on the 2.4ghz guest network i can see it

the led on the router is on

This behavior happend after i upgraded the firmware 

I factory reset the router but the behavior maintains.

I bought my router in 2019

I apreciate help

regards

Joao Vaz Martins

Options
2020-09-22 11:04:16

@JVM 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the detailed info.

Do you mean this issue occurred after you updated the router firmware? Was there any power cut or bad weather when you are upgrading the firmware? 

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s until all the LEDs flash, then check if you can see the default 2.4GHz wireless network.

Try to log in to its web interface to modify the wireless settings, change the 2.4GHz channel to 1, 6 or 11, change the channel width to 20MHz, then confirm again.

If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Thanks a lot~ 

Options
2020-09-22 11:05:49

@RudiZl 

Hi, your issue seems not the same as others, I have sent you a PM, check and confirm it, thanks.

Options
2020-09-22 11:42:10 - last edited 2020-09-22 12:59:41

@Kevin_Z 

I did not receive any PM message from you Kevin.

I receivd a message yesterday from your coleague Ahmed Shokry, but the phone numbes he included in the message are "not working" numbers in UAE.

But more stange, the TP-Link Tecnitian agains all best information security and Cyber security best pratices wants me to giv him access to my systems.

Do do What? I dont Know.

I replied to him that if he want to do Zoom meeting i for sure can show him whatever he wants but for sure not giving him accesss to my systems.

Dear Customer,
This TP-LINK Technical Support Department.
Thanks for sending to us your problem.

I recommend if we can arrange a remote session, I need you to download this app / https://anydesk.com/en on your laptop or PC which is supported with wireless adapter (not available to use on phone neither IOS nor Android), this app will allow me to use your laptop to login to our TP-Link device. I need you to have Ethernet/LAN cable within the session.
After you finished these steps contact with us on those numbers / 02-22601858 / 22601859 / 24045406 (Arabic and English)
available every day from 08:30 AM to 20:30 PM (GMT+2) except for Saturday and Friday
Also you can send us on this chat link which available every day except for Saturday and Friday from 10:00 AM to 19:00 PM (GMT+2) / https://www.tp-link.com/eg/support/contact-technical-support
If there is any other inquiry don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Ahmed Shokry
Technical Support Engineer
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.

I even tried to use the Hot-Line number for UAE Users available in the web site and what a surprise, no one ansewers (contact below).

For UAE Users
Tel:
+971-4-3966356 - Extension :  102
E-mail:
support.mea@tp-link.com
Working hours:
Sunday - Thursday | 09:00 - 18:00 - COVID19 Timing

Does TP-Link works at all???

I start to beleive that its not only the tecnology from TP-LINK that doesnt wok, their service also do not work.

Regards,

JVM

Options
2020-09-22 13:30:07

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply.

Your colegues in UAE seam to have been infected by the Spanish virus, not the Covid but instead the "Sleeping nap" virus after lunch that is quite commom in spain during the summer months. The problem is that here in UAE we are in the desert and summer is all year.

First of all, no problem with the firmware upgade at all. that was sucessfull. By the way, i have an UPS supporting my critical systems including the router, NAS and others.

When i purshased the Router he came with the very first firmware release, and only after a few montha later i noticed it and upgraded it.

So. in the first few months the router worked just fine with all 3 ssid's fullu functional (ome 2.4Ghz ssid and two 5Ghz ssid's).

Them a few month back i noticed that the firmware was alreadu 5 years old and decided to upgrade it (simple as pressing a button).

At beguining i didnt noticed that my 2.4Ghz ssid have disapeard, but with time i started noticing that my RE650 network exthender 2.4Ghz LED was not on which caught my attention specially because my extended network started to become too slow and even irregular.

Another reazon that led me to pay more attention to the router configuration was because now i'm working from home for more than 6 months and i had to open a guest 2.4Ghz network in order not to mix my home netwrok with my work network. Now that im more time at home and the network is more need de I was paying more attention to the devices that i have at home which are connected to my router (wired and wireles).

One device which i notived stoped working was ny CromeCast connected to my TV, because it was linked with my 2.4Ghz ssid.

Answering your questions, i already performed a configuration backup, then factory reset the router, and then restored the backup, but nothing my home 2.4Ghz ssid does not show on all my devices (even the ones in the same room as the router). The LED in on on the router, and its not a problem of the devices because they are able to see my RE650 2.4Ghz ssid.

Tying to change the 2.4Ghz ssid channel is not possible because that option is not accessible (i can share pictures).

Kind regards,

Joao Vaz Martins

Options
2020-09-23 07:10:30

@JVM 

Hello, thanks for all the detailed info and background description.

Just to confirm, which support email did you contact to and get the reply? Is it support.mea@tp-link.com? We will try to confirm this with the local support team and see what happened with the hotline, but I'm afraid it is affected by the COVID-19.

Back to the issue that the 2.4GHz wireless network of the C5400X is no longer broadcasting, actually we need you to reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch but not import the old configuration file back into it, can you give it another go?

If that doesn't help at all, you will still need to contact the local support team to request the warranty, sorry about that.

Options
2020-09-23 10:46:00

@Kevin_Z Kevin, you look like a robot.

Can you get us something?

You didn't helped anyone on this thread yet.

Options
2020-09-24 03:29:25

To whom it may concern and all those affected by this manufactures equipment:

Archer CR700

Hardware Version v1.1

Firmware: 1.1.0 Build 20170314 Rel 542320

I dealt with this issue about 8-10 months ago, and had purchase a different brand router because I was tired of the the dropped channel, the replacement die the other day and in a pinch I went back to the Archer CR700, having forgot abbot this issue! I had a chat with Tech support today and was given the same fix as many dealing with the 2.4Ghz channel dropping out. I explained that their is not wrong with the wired connections and nothing wrong with the 5Ghz or for that matter, everything else on the modem/router works perfectly, except the 2.4Ghz channel. What this says to me is that who ever TP-Link purchase their chips/tech from let them down. This is obviously not an issue that is experienced by One user, one device according the the multiple posting's with different models.

I've tried the suggested fix, by changing options (Channel and Bandwidth), it has failed three times since then. I'm done. 

THIS IS THE LAST TP-LINK DEVICE I WILL EVER PURCHASE, MY FRIENDS WILL ALSO KNOW OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MANUFACTURE. IF THEY WON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT, THEN THERE IS NO REASON THEY NEED MY RETURN BUSINESS!!!

Later TP-Link

Options
Related Articles