How to connect IKEA Tradfri to Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-22 09:14:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V 1.8.5

Hi just purchased Deco M9 for my Appartment. I took M9 as it has the Zigbee in it. 

My lightings are all with IKEA Tradfri system (bulbs, outlets switches). My hope was to kick out IKEA gateway and integrate the system to the Deco M9.

After hours of trial and error I don't get it working at all. Deco M9 is not finding any smart device.

Anybody out there who has the workaround to make it happen?

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to connect IKEA Tradfri to Deco M9
2019-04-23 01:38:22

Found that the IKEA system is not included on the compatibility list, seems that TP-Link has not tested it yet. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/

Try to contact IKEA tech support and get some suggestions. 

Options
Re:Re:How to connect IKEA Tradfri to Deco M9
2019-04-25 06:15:58

Thanks Gray_Blue7. Insaw that list but was hoping there is a hack around. 

At TP-Link any fix via an update possible?

At the end the Deco 9 is not bringing so much other features versus the older versions in my point of view. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to connect IKEA Tradfri to Deco M9
2019-04-29 05:55:36

Not sure, I think they are working on it cause the Deco M9 plus is an IOT router, which deserves more further analysis. 

You can email them your suggestion towards the features/compatibility list to feedback.deco@tp-link.com.

Options
Re:How to connect IKEA Tradfri to Deco M9
2020-01-29 09:10:06

@Matthes81 

Hi. Are you all able to connect to the IKEA gateway?

I installed Deco M9 yesterday, and for some reason I am only able to connect on my phone. If I try to connect via other devices, such as the Ipad, it can not find the gateway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9371

Replies: 4

Related Articles