Problems with RE355

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems with RE355

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problems with RE355
Problems with RE355
2019-05-10 16:24:45 - last edited 2019-05-10 16:27:11
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: RE355(US)_V1_180204

Hi, Had been having this problem lately where the internet will get problems for no reason and I always have to restart the my re355 every time it happens.

The internet itself is not cut off, for example, on my computer connected with lan cable, when I'm in call with my friends on Discord, I can still talk to them, but when i try to access sites on google, I get dns_probe_finished_no_internet. Trying to go into online games also will have internet problems, When this happens in the middle of the game in online games, I will get a constant 75 ping instead of 5, some online games say they can't even connect to the servers. Tried on my phone and the same thing happens with wireless, and I will have to restart the internet everytime this happnes, only for it to happen again in 20 minutes...

I tired to switch to 2.4ghz on the tplink configure, but only works for less than 2 minute and it happens again, did everything I could, switching dns servers, letting it rest for 2 hours and nothing is working. I'm tired of constantly resetting the re355 everytime, I've reseted the re355 so many times I lost count already..

Can anyone help me out? It will be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Problems with RE355
2019-05-14 03:27:38

Hi,

What is the light status of the RE355 when this issue happens? And can you access internet from the RE355 at that time? Please check the IP address and default gateway obtained by your client with it connected to the extender. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

how far away between the extender and main router? Have you setup different wifi name for it? 

Besides, it is suggested to troubleshoot and narrow down the root cause as below instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2233/

What is more, please tell us the current hardware and firmware version of the extender. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Problems with RE355
2019-05-15 02:04:37
Thank you!!!
VietReview.vn là website đánh giá sản phẩm một cách khách quan, đầy đủ và chính xác nhất. #vietreview
Options
Re:Re:Problems with RE355
2019-05-15 18:31:17 - last edited 2019-05-15 18:34:50

The light status is on blue, I can access the internet but it always say dns problems and stuff like that, sometimes on my phone it will ask me to sign in to connect to the internet and sometimes it would connect and disconnect over and over again until i restart the RE355 to get it to work again. Checked with the ip address they are both the same, let me know if you need the ip adress 

The main modem to the RE355 is no more than 10 meters, didnt change the wifi name

did try the troubleshoot, didnt help..

current hardware is v1 i think? its using the latest firmware 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Problems with RE355
2019-05-16 06:32:50

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

May I know what is the model number of the main router?

And when and where did you buy this extender?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

wasabicola wrote

The light status is on blue, I can access the internet but it always say dns problems and stuff like that, sometimes on my phone it will ask me to sign in to connect to the internet and sometimes it would connect and disconnect over and over again until i restart the RE355 to get it to work again. Checked with the ip address they are both the same, let me know if you need the ip adress 

The main modem to the RE355 is no more than 10 meters, didnt change the wifi name

did try the troubleshoot, didnt help..

current hardware is v1 i think? its using the latest firmware 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems with RE355
2019-05-16 17:13:11 - last edited 2019-05-16 17:25:43

the main router is a DIR-868L

i'm not sure where the RE355 is bought from as I recived it as a gift from my cousin 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems with RE355
2019-05-16 18:11:04

also here is a video showing the problem, maybe it can help https://puu.sh/Dt9GA/9502237b61.mp4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1121

Replies: 6

Related Articles