i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point
2019-12-25 02:20:03

@Shanzyy85 @emmyturner25 

Hello, try to move them closer to each other; you can disable 5GHz and turn on 2..4GHz only to test whether PS4 can connect to the Deco's network. 

Also, you can disable fast roaming to give it a try. 

Besides, may I know is there any error message after you failed to connect to the Deco wifi network? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:i can't connect deco m5 router mode to my ps4, i have to connect it as access point
2019-12-30 23:29:30

@Albert_Rio 

Hi What support option are you referring to and what were the steps that resolved the issue. I am having the same trouble and have tried all the steps recommeded above without success.

Options
2019-12-31 02:34:16

@Ken_Sydney 

Hi, it is a spammer and has been removed. 

Can PS4 detect the Deco's wifi network? Any error message or hints pops up after it failed to connect to the wifi?

Does it have WPS button? If so, you can use the WPS button to connect the PS4  to the Deco.

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-31 06:50:39

@Kevin_Z 

It sees the Wifi network and connects to it. When testing the internet connectitvity it fails to connect, it finds an IP address then fails. Have tried this with Wifi and via network cable plugged into the Deco directly, samew outcome for both. 

Have alos tried WPS with no success, ots doesnt connect at all.

Options