Archer A9 better as primary router or access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-23 13:15:36
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

Just upgraded to 500MB service with Wow cable and they provided me with an Arris surfboard DG3270.  I also recently purchased the Archer A9.  So my question is what would you guys think is the better setup : 1. Use the Arris as the primary router and the TP-link as an access point  2.   Bridge mode the Arris and let the TP-Link handle all the routing and wifi services?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A9 better as primary router or access point?
2019-05-23 20:20:20
I tend to avoid bridge mode as it is something else to go wrong unless it is needed. However I prefer a separate modem and router to a Gateway as that is easier to debug when issues occur and having your own modem is cheaper then renting from the ISP.
Options
Re:Archer A9 better as primary router or access point?
2019-05-27 01:55:35

You can compare the capacity of the 2 routers, and make the more powerful router works as the main router. 

I do not suggest to use both as wireless router mode, while one works as the main router and the other one works as the access point mode to extend the wifi range is a good choice. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2245

Replies: 2

Related Articles