Is this a router problem or ISP issue ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-26 12:03:39 - last edited 2019-05-29 00:04:26
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869(4555)

My cable broadband when connected with an ethernet cable to laptop consistently provides speed between 70-80 Mbps.

In the last 3 weeks, I have been buying, refunding, replacing routers from Online shopping portals such as Amazon and Flipkart.

So far I have managed to buy 3 TP-Link routers - Archer C7, C60, C9. None of these routers have given 60-80 Mbps speed in the 5Ghz band. The max I got was 26 Mbps from Archer c9. 

The latest one with me is now Archer C9 which I may need to replace for not providing the speeds that the ISP offer through the ethernet cable. 

As per my understanding and TP-Link technical support teams diagnosis/troubleshooting, these routers are supposed to provide  60-70 Mbps for an 80 Mbps broadband connection.

Apart from TP-Link, I tried my luck with a Netgear R6220 which provided 60-70 Mbps speed however had to return due to Internet drop out problems with Netgear firmware. 

Now I am not sure what to do ahead. Any one who can throw some light and advise in this situation ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 0

Related Articles