how to enable the WDS function for C6?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

how to enable the WDS function for C6?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-05 07:04:40

Hi, you are most welcome, and glad to help you.

WDS bridging function can be enabled either in 2.4GHz frequency or 5GHz frequency for a dual-band router. There is no need to enable WDS for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz network. 

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-05 10:04:37

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi, you are most welcome, and glad to help you.

WDS bridging function can be enabled either in 2.4GHz frequency or 5GHz frequency for a dual-band router. There is no need to enable WDS for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz network. 

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day.

yes, I knew that I don't need to enable both 2.4 & 5G.

At the very beginng, I just wanted to connected to the 5G, however I couldn't found the Mac Address of my Main Router after I pressed the Survey button.

That's why I tried the 2.4G (that's not I really wanted to connect to), I can found it.

After that, I changed the Channel of the 5G from Auto into 36, it worked........ (I can see my Main Router from the list after pressing the Survey button)

I can finally connected my Secondary Rounter to the Main Router thru WDS.

However that's only the first problem I have encountered last night!

Options
Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-05 13:23:48

is it possible to list out all the devices which connected to the Secondary Router? (both Wired and Wireless)

I can only see those connected thru wireless.

Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-06 05:28:47

Yes, please check all the devices connecting to Archer C6 on the Network Map page. It shall show you all the wired and wireless clients. 

If you are not able to see the wired clients there, please reboot your Archer C6 and check again. 

Have a good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-07 15:43:57

I tried reboot the Router but still couldn't see the wired devices, how can I checked the IP for those devices?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-09 02:40:11

Hi,

Go to advanced-network-DHCP-DHCP client list page, there you can see the devices which connect to the C6.

May it help. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-09 05:27:11

Hi Kevin,

Is this the list you are talking about?

I couldn't see any devices under this list but I am sure the devices are connected to the Network now and they are working perfectly..... I wanna know the IP address that assigned to them.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:how to enable the WDS function for C6?
2019-06-09 07:19:53

Hi,

Try to refresh the website, even you can disconnect the devices and reconnect them to the TP-Link network.

Besides, we can check the IP address of the devices on themselves. 

Below is an instruction to check computers' IP.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Good day. 

Options
2021-07-18 07:58:37

@Justinwhite auto wds mode is now absent.......what we have to do?????????????????

because after electricity issue the router is not automatically connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please help to solve it as soon as possible

it is not possible to reboot the router every time

Options
2021-07-20 09:06:56

@proton_mondal 

Do you upgrade the router firmware recently? What was the old firmware version, and what's it now?

What is the model number of your host Wi-Fi router, is it also dual-band?

After you updated the firmware, did you try to reconfigure the WDS and re-associate it with the host router? You can try to modify the wireless channel settings on the host router, then reset and reconfigure the C6 to confirm if the WDS can be setup successfully.

Options
Related Articles